Monday, February 4, 2013

The Sweetest Things

 
My husband Mike is the oldest of six boys.  When we learned we were expecting our first girl he was delighted.  He asked me with a grin, "what do you do with a girl?!"  Well, four babies and three girls later, he's getting be quite a pro.  When Mike was home to help out after the baby was born I enjoyed watching him snuggle with our two-year-old daughter at afternoon naptime, patiently console our eight-year-old daughter as she indulged in a dramatic cry on his shoulder in the evening, and pace the house humming to our new infant girl late at night so I could go to bed.  He certainly knows how to take care of all his girls.   
He's been my comfort, my strong shoulder, my best friend these last ten years.  It's been such a joy to share these sweet first few days with our new baby with Mike.  I think he's at his very best when he has one of his babies in his arms. 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment